[Part of a code on Jewish ritual, includes various prayers with texts, and obligations pertaining to food] : manuscript.
- Standardized Title:
- Siddur (Saʹadia ben Joseph). Judeo-Arabic. Selections.
- Other Title:
- Kitāb ǵamiʻ aṣ-ṣalawāt wat-tasābīh
- [Oriental, 12th century-13th century?]
1 fol. : complete.
Parchment 14 X 10.4 cm material applied: black ink ruling method: columns: 1 lines: 17 (recto), 18 (verso).
Prayer -- Judaism.
Jewish prayers for rain
Grace at meals -- Judaism -- Texts.
Food -- Religious aspects -- Judaism -- Early works to 1800.
Judaism -- Liturgy -- Early works to 1800.
- Judeo-Arabic. Hebrew Oriental semi-cursive vocalization (Tiberian).
- The prayer text portions are fully vocalized; text breaks denoted by spaces, occasionally with a punctus; prayer endings denoted by a sof pasuḳ.
A folio from a Siddur with prayer texts and instructions in Judeo-Arabic. The recto is from the end of a section on the prayers of the rainy season added to the daily ʻAmidah. The text is identical to that of Saʹadia Gaon's Kitāb jāmiʾ aṣ-ṣalawāt wat-tāsābīh (Sidur Rav Seʻadyah Gaʹon / Israel Davidson [ed.]. Jerusalem : Mekitse nirdamin, 1963. p. 21).
The next section starts with the headline ואגבאת אטעאם (the obligations pertaining to food). This sequence differs from the siddurim of Saʹadia Gaon and Solomon of Sujulmusa.
This section continues on the verso, with the texts of the blessings before food and the blessing after the meal.
Forms part of: Cairo Geniah Collection.
- Penn Provenance:
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Cited in:
- Halper, no. 151
IMHM, no. F38399
- Saʻadia ben Joseph, 882-942.
Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Grace after meals. Judeo-Arabic. Selections.
- Contained In:
- Cairo Genizah Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|