[Court document] : manuscript.
- Other Title:
- [Fustat, 1383 or 1384?]
1 fol. : damaged, losses in upper left corner and center-right edge, faded; verso is blank.
Paper 34.3 X 14.3 cm material applied: black ink ruling method: columns: 1 lines: (recto).
- Right of property (Jewish law)
- Judeo-Arabic, Aramaic, and Hebrew. Hebrew Oriental semi-cursive.
- A court document in Judeo-Arabic and legal Aramaic, under the authority of the Nagid ʻAmram, whose titles and epithets fill the first nine lines (mostly in Hebrew). See Simḥa Assaf, Tsiyon VI (1941), p. 113-115.
Muafaḳ ben Musa, his half-sister Shams Ubaid the wife of Shabbetai the Sicilian, and her mother Sutaita, acquit Tsarafa, the widow of Jacob from an obligation to them, which probably arose from a case of inheritance.
Signed in autograph by [...] ben Abraham ha-kohen, Moses ben Jacob ha-Levi.
Forms part of: Cairo Genizah Collection.
- Penn Provenance:
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Cited in:
- Halper, no. 349
IMHM, no. F38400
- Amram, 14th cent.
Mosheh ben Yaʹaḳov, ha-Leṿi, 14th cent.
Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Contained In:
- Cairo Genizah Collection.