[Court document] : manuscript.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Business document
- [Fustat, 12th century-13th century?].
1 fol. : fragment, damaged, triangular in shape; losses, faded; verso is blank.
Paper 14.3 X 8.2 cm material applied: black ink ruling method: left rule justified by stretching last character columns: lines: 16 partially extant (recto).
- Court records.
- Judeo-Arabic, Hebrew, and Aramaic. Hebrew Oriental semi-square.
- The upper-left corner of a document. The first two digits of the date (=Monday, of the year...66 of the Seleucid era [Halper, l.2]) and the members of the court are missing. Many laudatory terms, in Hebrew, appear in the first lines, including an unusual one, צינצנת המן. The rest of the content is in legal Aramaic.
The names Sheik Abu'l-Rabiʻa (l.6) ...ha-Kohen (l.7), Abu'l-Fakhar or Abu'l-Fikr (אבו אלפכר, l.8), and Abu'l-Faraj (l.11) are preserved.
Forms part of: Cairo Genizah Collection.
- Penn Provenance:
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Cited in:
- Halper, no. 352
IMHM, no. F38400
- Abraham ben Nathan, 11th/12th cent.
Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Contained In:
- Cairo Genizah Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|