[Formulary of bills] : manuscript.
- Other Title:
- Bill of release (Formulary)
Bills of Causa Mortis Gifts (formulary)
- [Orient, 11th century-13th century?]
1 fol. : folded vertically into columns; damaged, losses along creases.
Paper 21.9 X 15.2 cm material applied: black ink ruling method: folded lengthwise and widthwise into four equal quarters columns: 2 lines: 29, 6 (recto), 33, 7.
- Forms (Jewish law)
Wills (Jewish law)
Obligations (Jewish law)
- Hebrew. Hebrew Oriental semi-square vocalization (Tiberian).
- Recto, the 29 lines of writing fill the length of the folio left of the fold; verso, 33 lines of writing fill the right side of the fold, and continue in six and one half vertical lines on the left side; remainder is blank.
Sporadic vocalization. Recto: under the heading שכיב מרע, the text of a Bill of Partial Gift in Contemplation of Death. This version is practically identical to the one prescribed by Isaac ben Abba Mari in Sefer ha-ʹiṭur (Warsaw 1801 p. 86d; recorded by A. Gulak, Otsar ha-sheṭarot / Asher Gulak. Jerusalem : Defus ha-poʻAlim, 1926, p. 115 no. 127). Followed by שטר צוואה, the text of a Bill of Will in Contemplation of Death, also as in ʻItur (ibid. no. 126).
Verso: Under the heading שטר מחילה, Bill of release from obligations.
Forms part of: Cairo Genizah Collection.
- Penn Provenance:
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Cited in:
- Halper, no. 376
IMHM, no. F38400
- Isaac ben Abba Mari, 12th cent.
Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Contained In:
- Cairo Genizah Collection