[Letter to the Nagid Mevorakh ben Seʹadyah] : manuscript.
- [Orient, 1094-1111?].
1 fol. : fragment, only right edge is intact, lower edge appears to be torn along fold line; verso is blank.
Paper 7.6 X 17.1 cm material applied: black ink ruling method: columns: 1 lines: 6 extant.
- Mevorakh ben Saadiah, 11th cent. -- Correspondence.
Jews -- Egypt -- Politics and government.
- Hebrew. Hebrew Oriental semi-cursive.
- Lines are well spaced, as in the style of official letters.
From a letter to the Nagid Mevorakh ben Saʻadia, who served in this office between 1094-1111. The first three lines are the name of the Nagid with his honorary titles. See M. Cohen: Jewish self-government in medieval Egypt : the origins of the office of head of the Jews, ca. 1065-1126 / Mark R. Cohen. Princeton : Princeton University Press, 1980, p. 139-148 (n.138).
Forms part of: Cairo Genizah Collection.
- Penn Provenance:
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Cited in:
- Halper, no. 404
IMHM, no. F38400
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library),
- Contained In:
- Cairo Genizah Collection