Places [videorecording] / produced by Twenty Twenty Television for Channel 4 ; written by Richard Stemp.
- Other Title:
- Title on container: Inside the Tate Modern : a century of modern art : places
Century of modern art : places
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, [c2002, c2003].
- Inside the Tate Modern ; disc 3
1 videodisc (15 min.) sd., col. with b&w seq. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Tate Modern (Gallery)
Mondrian, Piet, 1872-1944.
Brancusi, Constantin, 1876-1957.
Hepworth, Barbara, Dame, 1903-1975.
Long, Richard, 1945-
Art, Modern -- 20th century.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC.
- Segment one of this program uses four paintings by Mondrian to track his migration from impressionistic and abstract landscapes to the pure geometry of Neo-Plasticism. Segment two employs Brancusi's Fish, Dame Barbara Hepworth's Pelagos, and Joseph Beuys' The End of the Twentieth Century to analyze how abstract sculptors represent nature. Segment three explores Richard Long's fascination with organizing nature through his Line Made by Walking, Red Slate Circle installation, and Waterfall Wall Painting, created by finger painting with a white clay slurry on a large black wall.
- Abstracting landscape
Sculpture from nature
- Narrated by Richard Stemp.
- Camera, Dave Evans; editor, Vicky Price; composer, Malachi Lillitos.
- DVD release of three five-minute episodes of a British documentary television series, produced in 2002.
- Stemp, Richard. , , Author
Films for the Humanities (Firm) , Distributor
Twenty Twenty Television. , Producer
Channel Four (Great Britain) , Producer
- Publisher Number:
31293 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|