Community and polity : the organizational dynamics of American Jewry / Daniel J. Elazar.
- [1st ed.]
- Philadelphia : The Jewish Publication Society of America, 5736 1976.
- Jewish communal and public affairs.
Jewish communal and public affairs
xv, , 421,  pages ; 24 cm.
- Jews -- United States -- Politics and government.
United States -- Politics and government
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Assimilation and authenticity: the problem of the American Jewish community
Jewish adaptations to American life
The community in its environment
The American environment and Jewish religious life
The "State" of American Jewry and its institutional base
Organizing Jewish activity
The major communities
Institutions and decision makers
Handling the tasks of the Jewish community
From fragmentation to reintegration: the polity enters the postmodern era.
- "First edition."
"Designed by Adrianne Onderdonk Dudden."
"Published in Philadelphia in the two-hundredth year of American Independence by The Jewish Publication Society of America."
Includes bibliographical references (p. -399) and index.
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Chaim Potok 1976".
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Dudden, Adrianne Onderdonk.
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0827600682 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|