1 Peter / Karen H. Jobes.
- Grand Rapids, MI : Baker Academic, c2005.
- Baker exegetical commentary on the New Testament
xvii, 364 p. : 1 map ; 24 cm.
- Bible. N.T.. Peter, 1st. -- Commentaries.
I Petrus (bijbelboek)
- Introduction to 1 Peter
A greeting to the Christian diaspora of Asia Minor (1:1/2)
The opening of the letter : reassurance for God's people (1:3/2:10)
Doxology as the basis for the Christian life (1:3/12)
Be what you are (1:13/2:3)
The identity of God's people (2:4/10)
As god's people, live godly lives (2:11/4:11)
Commendable social behavior as God's people (2:11/3:7)
The inner qualities of righteous living (3:8/12)
Suffering unjustly for the name of Christ (3:13/4:11)
Consolation for the suffering flock (4:12/5:11)
Two final thoughts about suffering for Christ (4:12/19)
Final exhortations to the community (5:1/11)
The letter closing : final words and greetings (5:12/14)
Excursus : the syntax of 1 Peter : how good is the Greek?
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edith E. Clark Endowment Fund.
- Edith E. Clark Endowment Fund.
- 0801026741 (cloth)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|