The Kemble papers.
- Other records:
- [New York, Printed for the Society, 1884-85]
- John Watts De Peyster Publication Fund series ; v. 16-17.
Collections of the New York Historical Society. John Watts De Peyster Publication Fund series, v. 16-17
2 v. front. (port.) fold. map. 25 cm.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Sources.
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Personal narratives, British.
New York (N.Y.) -- History -- Revolution.
Nicaragua -- History -- English Invasion, 1780-1781.
- v.1. Journal of Lieut. Col. Stephen Kemble, 1775-1779, 1784-1789. General orders by Major General William Howe, Nov. 15, 1775- June 19, 1776. Oct. 6, 1776-Jan 28, 1777, June 20-Nov. 19, 1777, Feb. 23-May 23, 1778. Gen. Henry Clinton's orders, May 24-July 5, 1779. Orders by Maj. Gen. Daniel Jones, commanding His Majesty's troops in New York island and posts depending, May 2-June 3, 1778
v. 2 Journals of ... Kemble, brigadier-general in command of the expedition to Nicaragua, 1780-1981. Orders of Brigadier-General Stephen Kemble, 1780-1781. Documents and correspondence, expedition to the Spanish Main and Nicaragua, 1779-1781. Index.
- Kemble was "deputy-adjutant general of the forces in North America", 1772-1779. On his resignation October 28, 1779, he went to Jamaica, and in April 1780 was sent with reinforcements to supersede Col. Polson, who had landed an expedition in Nicaragua. His later services were in England, Canada, West Indies, etc.
- Howe, William Howe, Viscount, 1729-1814.
Clinton, Henry, Sir, 1738?-1795.
Jones, Daniel, fl. 1770-1880.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|