Your practicum in psychology : a guide for maximizing knowledge and competence / edited by Janet R. Matthews and C. Eugene Walker.
- 1st ed.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2006.
xi, 283 p. ; 26 cm.
- Clinical psychology -- Study and teaching (Internship) -- United States.
Clinical psychologists -- Training of -- United States.
Mental health personnel -- Training of -- United States.
Practicums -- United States.
- Medical subjects:
- Psychology, Clinical -- United States.
Ethics, Clinical -- United States.
Internship and Residency -- United States.
Psychotherapy -- methods -- United States.
- How to maximize your training experience / Theresa A. Wozencraft
Characteristics of a helping relationship / B. Max Price
Getting started and developing rapport / Janet R. Matthews and Lee H. Matthews
Confidentiality and other ethical issues / Elizabeth Swenson
History of treatment of people with mental illness / Carol Terry
A review of psychopathology / Leonard S. Milling, Phuong M. Chau, and Mary Alice Mills-Baxter
Psychological assessment / Lee H. Matthews
Interventions: empirically supported treatments / Morgan T. Sammons and Peter E. Nathan
The use of medicine in the treatment of mental disorders / Bruce K. McCormick
Special issues in working with children / Jean C. Elbert
Mental health professions / Janet R. Matthews and C. Eugene Walker.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- Matthews, Janet R.
Walker, C. Eugene (Clarence Eugene), 1939-
John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|