Acta regia, or, An account of the treaties, letters and instruments between the monarchs of England and foreign powers : publish'd in Mr. Rymer's Foedera, which are the basis of the English history and contain those authorities which rectify the mistakes that most of our writers have committed for want of such a collection of records / translated from the French of M. Rapin as publish'd by M. Le Clerc. ; with the heads of the kings and queens curiously engrav'd by Mr. Vandergucht ; to be published monthly.
- Standardized Title:
- Foedera. English
- Other Title:
- Acta regia
Account of the treaties, letters and instruments between the monarchs of England and foreign powers
- London : Printed for J. Darby, A. Bettesworth, F. Fayram, J. Pemberton, C. Rivington, J. Hooke, F. Clay, J. Batley, and E. Symon, MDCCXXVI -MDCCXXVII 
4 v. : ports ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- Great Britain -- History -- Sources.
Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Treaties.
Great Britain -- Politics and government.
- Advertisements -- England -- London -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- A translation into English by Stephen Whatley of the abridgment by Paul de Rapin-Thoyras of tomes 1-17 of Thomas Rymer's Foedera.
- The abridgment of tome 1 in vol.1 is by Jean Le Clerc; Rapin-Thoyras's abridgment of tome 2 is in the appendix to vol. 3 p.322-542.
Vols. 3 and 4 are dated 1727 and vol. 4 adds J. Osborn and T. Longman in the imprint.
Issued in monthly parts, the first nine of which have separate title-pages; parts 1-4 are dated 1725, parts 5-9 1726.
With engr. portraits of the monarchs of England.
With side- and shoulder-notes.
Erratas: vol. 1 on prelim. p.  ; vol. 2, 3 and 4 at end.
Advertisements on prelim. p.  of vol. 1.
- Local notes:
- This title is part of The Library and Reading of Jonathan Swift: a Partial Replication, a collection given to the University of Pennsylvania Rare Book & Manuscript Library in 2005 in memory of Susan Homans Elias and in honor of the late Heinz J. Vienken.
- Penn Provenance:
- Vienken, Heinz J. (honoree)
Elias, Susan Homans (honoree)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T137522
- Rymer, Thomas, 1641-1713
Whatley, Stephen, fl. 1712-1741.
Le Clerc, Jean, 1657-1736.
Gucht, Michael van der, 1660-1725.
Darby, John, d. 1733, printer.
Swift's Library and Reading Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|