Creating Chinese modernity : knowledge and everyday life, 1900-1940 / edited by Peter Zarrow.
- New York : Peter Lang, c2006.
- Studies in modern Chinese history ; v. 4
vi, 251 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- China -- Civilization -- 20th century.
- Introduction: new discourses and everyday life in modern China / Peter Zarrow
Zhang Binglin's critique of western modernity: a Chinese view of cultural pluralism / Young-tsu Wong
Constitutionalism and the imagination of the state: official views of political reform in the late Qing / Peter Zarrow
Lu Xun and terrorism: a reading of revenge and violence in Mara and beyond / Jon Kowallis
Merchant discourse on self-interest in modern China / Chi Kong Lai
Having it all: patriotism and gracious living in Shenbao's tobacco advertisements, 1919 to 1937 / Weipin Tsai
Purely sport or a gambling disgrace? greyhound racing and the formation of modern Shanghai / Ning Jennifer Chang
Authority over the body and the modern formation of the body / Jinlin Hwang
Leisure, patriotism, and identity: the Chinese career women's club in wartime Shanghai / Ling-ling Lien.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Zarrow, Peter Gue.
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- 0820479454 (hardcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|