The Virginian [videorecording] / Paramount Picture ; screenplay by Howard Estabrook ; adapted by Grover Jones ; produced by Adolf Zukor and Josse L. Lasky ; directed by Victor Fleming.
- Indianapolis, Ind. : Kartes Video Communications, c1986.
- Video film classics
1 videocassette (91 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- Wister, Owen, 1860-1938 -- Film adaptations.
Ranch life -- Drama.
Frontier and pioneer life -- Drama.
Cowboys -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Wyoming -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Drama.
- Film adaptations.
- System Details:
- Molly Wood arrives in a small western town to be the new schoolmarm. The Virginian, foreman on a local ranch, and Steve, his best fiend, soon become rivals for her affection. Steve falls in with bad guys led by Trampas, and the Virginian catches him cattle rustling. As foreman, he must give the order to hang his friend. Trampas gets away, but returns in time for the obligatory climactic shootout in the streets.
- Gary Cooper, Walter Huston, Richard Arlen, Mary Brian.
- Cinematographer, J. Roy Hunt ; editor, William Shea ; music, Karl Hajos.
- Based on the novel by Owen Wister and Kirk La Shelle.
Videocassette release of the 1929 motion picture by Paramount.
- Fleming, Victor, 1889-1949 , Director
Zukor, Adolph, 1873-1976 , Producer
Lasky, Jesse L., 1880-1958 , Producer
Estabrook, Howard, 1884-1978 , Screenwriter
Jones, Grover, 1893-1940. , Adapter
Cooper, Gary, 1901-1961 , Actor
Huston, Walter, 1884-1950 , Actor
Arlen, Richard, 1898-1976 , Actor
Brian, Mary, 1908- , Actor
Wister, Owen, 1860-1938. , Author
La Shelle, Kirke. , Author
Paramount Pictures, Inc.. , Producer
Kartes Video Communications. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|