The postman always rings twice [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer ; screen play by Harry Ruskin and Niven Busch ; produced by Carey Wilson ; directed by Tay Garnett.
- Standard version.
- Burbank, CA : Turner Home Entertainment : Distributed by Warner Home Video Inc., c2004.
1 videodisc (113 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Cain, James M. (James Mallahan), 1892-1977 -- Film adaptations.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Crimes of passion -- Drama.
Love -- Drama.
- Film adaptations.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English and French with optional English, French and Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD - NTSC; Dolby digital mono.
- Steamy tale of a drifter offered a job at a roadside diner by the owner, an easy-going older man. When the drifter and the owner's voluptuous wife fall in love, they plot to kill her husband and run away together.
- Lana Turner, John Garfield, Cecil Kellaway, Hume Cronyn, Leon Ames, Audrey Totter, Alan Reed.
- Director of photography, Sidney Wagner ; editor, George White ; music, George Bassman.
- Based on the novel by James M. Cain.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1946.
Special features include documentary profile The John Garfield story, narrated by Julie Garfield; introduction by film historian and author Richard Jewell, theatrical trailers of the original and the 1981 remake, and behind-the-scenes image gallery.
- Garnett, Tay. , Director
Wilson, Carey, 1889-1962. , Producer
Ruskin, Harry, 1894-1969. , Screenwriter
Busch, Niven, 1903-1991. , Screenwriter
Turner, Lana, 1921-1995 , Actor
Garfield, John. , Actor
Kellaway, Cecil, 1891-1973 , Actor
Cronyn, Hume. , Actor
Ames, Leon, 1902-1993 , Actor
Bassman, George, 1914-1997 , Composer
Garfield, John. , Narrator
Jewell, Richard B. , Commentator
Cain, James M. (James Mallahan), 1892-1977. , Author
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Turner Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- John Garfield story [videorecording]
- Publisher Number:
65858 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|