Surviving Columbus [videorecording] : the story of the Pueblo people / KNME-TV ; Institute of American Indian Arts ; written by Larry Walsh ; producers, Larry Walsh, Edmund J. Ladd ; director, Diane Reyne.
- Other Title:
- Story of the Pueblo people
- [Arlington, VA] : PBS Video ; [1999?]
- PBS Video database of America's history & culture ; v. 217
1 videocassette (120 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Pueblo Indians -- Ethnic identity.
Pueblo Indians -- Cultural assimilation.
Pueblo Indians -- History.
Indians of North America -- First contact with Europeans -- Southwest, New.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- VHS - NTSC.
- Using stories from Pueblo elders, interviews with Pueblo scholars and leaders, archival photographs, and historical accounts, this program explores the Pueblo Indians' 450-year struggle to preserve their culture, land, and religion despite European contact.
- Host, narrator, Conroy Chino.
- Director of photography, Douglas Crawford ; editor, Dale Kruzic ; traditional music performed by Peter Garcia, Chester Mahooty ; original poetry written by Simon Ortiz, Rina Swentzell ; original art, Felix Vigil ; original music, Chris Parrington.
- Based on a narrative written by Simon Ortiz.
Originally produced in 1992.
This program is indexed by the PBS Video database of America's history & culture merged index. The index is available in print and online.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Reyne, Diane. , Director
Walsh, Larry. , Producer, Screenwriter
Ladd, Edmund J. , Producer
Chino, Conroy. , Narrator
Ortiz, Simon J., 1941- , Author
Swentzell, Rina. , Associated name
Parrington, Chris. , Composer
Garcia, Peter. , Performer
Mahooty, Chester. , Performer
KNME Video. , Producer
Institute of American Indian Arts. , Producer
PBS Video. , Producer
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- SUCO001 PBS Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|