Will power : how to act Shakespeare in 21 days / John Basil ; with Stephanie Gunning.
- Other Title:
- How to act Shakespeare in 21 days
- New York : Applause Theatre & Cinema Books ; Milwaukee, WI : Distribution, North America, Hal Leonard, c2006.
ix, 363 p. ; 23 cm.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Dramatic production.
- Your 21-day journey with Will
The Shakespeare rehearsal
Phase I: Map reading: secrets of your script unfolded
Day 1: Revealing your repetitions
Day 2: Cracking the capitalization code
Day 3: Verse or prose?
Day 4: Picking out punctuation
Day 5: Revving up your verbs
Day 6: Amiable adjectives, saucy similes, and merry metaphors
Day 7: O! thy status is showing
Day 8: Your secret formula for persuasive rhetoric
Phase 2: Scouting the landscape: Going on instinct, getting off book
Day 9: Script rotations
Day 10: To memorize, physicalize
Day 11: Now, go ahead and look it up
Day 12: Draft your newspaper headlines
Phase 3: Charting your course: moments of variety and nuance
Day 13: Playing with the pace
Day 14: Finding your focus
Day 15: Surely, you jest
Day 16: Art thou parent, child, or adult?
Day 17: Greeks bearing gifts
Phase 4: Staking your claims: Stanislavski's approach
Day 18: Your given circumstances
Day 19: Five basic human needs
Day 20: Your doings
Day 21: Presto, PASTO!
Shakespeare in action
On day 22...
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 345-347) and index.
- Gunning, Stephanie, 1962-
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
- 1557836663 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|