Listen to Britain and other films [videorecording] / by Humphrey Jennings.
- Chatsworth, CA : Image Entertainment, c2002.
1 videodisc (182 mins.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet ( p. : ill. ; 19 cm)
- Jennings, Humphrey.
Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827. Sonatas -- piano.
Documentary films -- Great Britain.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- DVD ; Region 1 ; Dolby digital mono.
- A collection of six films (and one bonus film) by one of the greatest figures in the celebrated British Documentary Film Movement. He is most remembered for the way his work reflects the concerns and conditions of World War II era in the United Kingdom. In these pictures, Jennings's impressive aesthetic arsenal helped to expand the scope and vocabulary of documentary films.
- London can take it (1940, 9 mins.)
Words for battle (1941, 8 mins.)
Listen to Britain (1942, 18 mins.)
Fires were started (1943, 70 mins.)
A diary for Timothy (1943, 39 mins.)
Family portrait (1951, 26 mins.)
Myra Hess, playing the first movement of Beethoven's Sonata in F Minor No. 57 (Apassionata) (1945, 9 mins.).
- "Humphrey Jennings," essay in included booklet, by Dean W. Duncan.
"Produced for DVD by David Shepard."
- Jennings, Humphrey. , Director
Shepard, David. , Producer
Duncan, Dean W. , Author
Hess, Myra, Dame, 1890-1965. , Performer
Image Entertainment (Firm). , Distributor
Blackhawk Films Collection (Library of Congress) , Distributor
- London can take it.
Words for battle.
Listen to Britain.
Fires were started.
Diary for Timothy.
Myra Hess, playing the first movement of Beethoven's Sonata in F Minor No. 57 (Apassionata)
- Publisher Number:
- ID1488DSDVD Image Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|