Gene Hovis's uptown down home cookbook / by Gene Hovis with Sylvia Rosenthal.
- Standardized Title:
- Uptown down home cookbook
- Other Title:
- Uptown down home cookbook.
- [First Edition]
- Boston : Little, Brown and Company, [c1987]
xii, 235,  pages ; 26 cm.
- Cooking, American -- Southern style.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Foreword. Granny Dameron
Appetizers and Hors d'oeuvres. Train Lunches and munches
Sandwiches, Plain and Fancy
Soups. Funery feasts
Meats. Miss D. and My Skillet Meals
Poultry and Dressings
Fish and Shellfish
Vegetables. Camp meeting
Muffins, Quick Breads, and Rolls. Birthdays
Desserts. Cakes and cookies; Pies and tarts; Puddings and fruits. Linen and Old Lace.
- "HAL Designed by Jeanne Abboud."
"Jacket design by Pearl Lau. Jacket photograph by Peter Vitale."
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Laurie Burrows Grad.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Grad, Laurie Burrows (donor)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Rosenthal, Sylvia Dworsky, 1911- author.
Laurie Burrows Grad Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0316374431 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|