Rent [videorecording] / Revolution Studios presents in association with 1492 Pictures ; a Tribeca production ; a Chris Columbus film ; based on the musical by Jonathan Larson ; produced by Jane Rosenthal ... [et al.] ; screenplay by Stephen Chbosky ; directed by Chris Columbus.
- 2-Disc full screen special ed.
- [Culver City, Calif.] : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 
2 videodiscs (ca. 135 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Rent -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Bohemianism -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Interpersonal relations -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Apartment dwellers -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Dialogue in English (5.1 Dolby Digital) or French (5.1 Dolby Digital) with optional subtitles in English or French.
- System Details:
- DVD; region 1 encoding; full screen (1.33:1̀) presentation.
- Focuses on the year in the life of a group of friends in New York's East Village. The "bohemians" live carefree lives of art, music, sex, and drugs. It is carefree until Mark, an aspiring filmmaker, and Roger, an aspiring songwriter, find out they owe a year's rent to Benny. Benny is a former friend who had promised them free rent when he married the landlord's daughter. Roger has also attracted the attention of his downstairs neighbor, Mimi. Mark's former girlfriend, Maureen, has found a new romance with a lawyer named Joanne. Philosophy professor Tom finds his soul mate in drag queen Angel. With this being the late 1980s, the threat of AIDS is always present.
- Anthony Rapp, Adam Pascal, Rosario Dawson, Jesse L. Martin, Wilson Jermaine Heredia, Idina Menzel, Tracie Thoms, Taye Diggs.
- Director of photography, Stephen Goldblatt ; art directors, Keith P. Cunningham, Nanci Noblett ; editor, Richard Pearson ; original music, Jonathan Larson ; costume designer, Aggie Guerard Rodgers ; production designer, Howard Cummings.
- Based on the musical book music and lyrics by Jonathan Larson.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2005.
Special features: Commentary by director Chris Columbus and selected cast ; feature length documentary "No day but today" ; Deleted scenes and musical performances ; PSAs for Jonathan Larson's performing arts foundation and the National Marfan Foundation.
- Rapp, Anthony.
Martin, Jesse L.
Heredia, Wilson Jermaine.
Goldblatt, Stephen, 1945-
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Publisher Number:
14237 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Access Restriction:
- For private home use only.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|