The bad beginning / by Lemony Snicket ; illustrations by Brett Helquist.
- 1st edition
- New York : HarperCollins Publishers, 1999.
- Snicket, Lemony. Series of unfortunate events ; bk. 1.
A series of unfortunate events ; bk. 1
162 pages illustrations 19 cm
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction.
Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction.
Humorous stories, English.
- Childrens subjects:
- Orphans -- Fiction.
Brothers and sisters -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- After the sudden death of their parents, the three Baudelaire children must depend on each other and their wits when it turns out that the distant relative who is appointed their guardian is determined to use any means necessary to get their fortune. Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire are intelligent children. They are charming, and resourceful, and have pleasant facial features. Unfortunately, they are exceptionally unlucky.
- Penn Provenance:
- Cook, Lucy (donor) (RBC copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Helquist, Brett, illustrator.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Lucy Cook Children's Book Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0060283122 (lib. bdg.)
9780060283124 (lib. bdg.)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|