Percy Grainger plays Grieg [sound recording].
- Standardized Title:
- Concerto, piano orchestra, op. 16, A minor
- New York, N.Y. : International Piano Archives, c1977.
1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Concertos (Piano)
Folk songs, Norwegian (Instrumental settings)
- Sound recordings.
- Concerto, op. 16, A minor
Concerto, op. 16, A minor. First movement cadenza
Concerto, op. 16, A minor
Three Norwegian folksongs : from op. 17.
- Percy Grainger, piano ; Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra, Leopold Stokowski, conductor (1st performance of op. 16) ; Southeast Iowa Symphony Orchestra, Richard A. Morse, conductor (2nd performance of op. 16)
- Op. 16 performances recorded July 15, 1945, and Oct. 27, 1956, respectively; performance of the 1st movement cadenza of op. 16 recorded May 16, 1908; op. 17 recorded Dec. 31, 1950.
For piano and orchestra, or piano solo.
Title from container.
Review of work from Stereo Review ( p.) by James Goodfriend inserted in container.
"Disc recordings from the collection of the International Piano Archives."
Notes on Grainger ( p.) by John Bird inserted in container.
This recording was Record 130 in Gatewood's collection of recordings.
- Grainger, Percy, 1882-1961 , Performer
Stokowski, Leopold, 1882-1977 , Conductor
Morse, Richard A. , Performer
Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra. , Performer
Southeast Iowa Symphony Orchestra. , Performer
International Piano Archives.
- Grieg, Edvard, 1843-1907. Norske folkeviser og danse. Selections
Three Norwegian folksongs.
- Contained In:
- Stokowski-Gatewood Collection of Commercial Sound Recordings. Item 42
- Publisher Number:
- IPA 508 International Piano Archives.
- Access Restriction:
- Off-site storage: 24-hour retrieval.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|