Herder's calling [videorecording] : a tradition dying in the Kyrgyz Republic / Oxus Apertura Films ; a film by Najeeb Mirza.
- [S.l.] : Najeeb Mizra, c2004.
1 videodisc (24 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Documentary films.
- In Russian with English, French and Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- "In the beautiful rolling foothills of the Kyrgyz Republic, Central Asia, a young woman prepares to leave behind a way of life thousands of years old. Herding animals has long been the daily reality, but for 22-year-old Nazgul, the city is calling. Through the eyes of Akim Aliev Datka, a pensioner who's returned to his family land, and Nazgul, his modern daughter-in-law who struggles with tradition and thoughts of the future, Herders' Calling offers the viewer a glimpse into their unique world in this expansive, isolated land."--Container.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Mirza, Najeeb. , Director
Oxus Apertura Films. , Producer
Najeeb Mizra. , Distributor
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|