Why we fight. Disc 4, The battle of China & War comes to America [videorecording] / producer, Frank Capra ; directors, Frank Capra, Anatole Litvak ; screenplay, Anatole Litvak, Anthony Veiler, Robert Heller.
- Other Title:
- Title on container and disc surface: World war II : why we fight
Frank Capra's World War II
Battle of China [videorecording]
War comes to America [videorecording]
- New York : GoodTimes Home Video Corp., 2000.
- Collector series (GoodTimes Home Video (Firm))
1 videodisc (ca. 131 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan.
Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945.
Japan -- History -- 1912-1945.
Inventions -- China.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Causes.
World War, 1939-1945 -- United States.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Motion pictures and the war.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Propaganda.
United States -- History -- 1933-1945.
Motion pictures in propaganda -- United States.
- War films.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby digital mono.
- Parts six and seven of a propaganda series of seven information films shown to the American G.I. in the 1940's. Originally produced by the United States government for the Morale Services Division which documents the causes and events leading up to World War II and exhorts Americans to support the war effort. The Battle of China (1944): Depicts Japanese aggression against China during World War II and describes Japan's plans for world conquest. Recalls Chinese development of the compass, printing, astronomy, gunpowder, and porcelain. War comes to America (1945): Briefly reviews the history of the United States and describes the characteristics, habits, and beliefs of the American people. Explains the events from 1931 to 1941 that caused the United States to enter World War II.
- The Battle of China : information film #6 (ca. 65 min.) / produced by the War Department, Signal Corps, Army Service Forces for the Morale Services Division
War comes to America : information film #7 (ca. 66 min.) / produced by the War Department, Army Pictorial Service, for the Information and Education Division.
- Narrators: Walter Huston, Anthony Veiler.
- Editor, William Hornbeck ; music, Dimitri Tiomkin, Army Air Force Orchestra.
- Capra, Frank, 1897-1991 , Producer, Director
Litvak, Anatole, 1902-1974. , Director, Screenwriter
Heller, Robert. , Screenwriter
Veiller, Anthony, 1903-1965 , Screenwriter, Narrator
Huston, Walter, 1884-1950 , Narrator
Tiomkin, Dimitri, 1894-1979 , Composer
United States. War Dept.
United States. Army. Signal Corps.
United States. Army Service Forces. Morale Service Division. , Producer
United States. Army Pictorial Service.
United States. Army Service Forces. Information and Education Division.
GoodTimes Home Video (Firm)
- Publisher Number:
- 018713830166 (set)
05-81113 GoodTimes Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|