Democracy's privileged few : legislative privilege and democratic norms in the British and American constitutions / Josh Chafetz.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2007.
x, 307 p. ; 25 cm.
- United States. Congress -- Privileges and immunities.
Constitutional law -- United States.
Great Britain. Parliament -- Privileges and immunities.
Constitutional law -- Great Britain.
- Lex parliamenti vs. lex terrae
Political questions and nonjusticiability
Free speech in Parliament
Free speech in Congress
Freedom from civil arrest and legal process for members of Parliament
Freedom from civil arrest for members of Congress
Disputed parliamentary elections
Disputed congressional elections
Breach of privilege and contempt of Parliament
Punishment by Congress.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 241-294) and index.
- 0300113250 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|