The life and raigne of King Henry the Eighth / written by the Right Honourable Edward Lord Herbert of Cherbury.
- London : Printed by E.G. for Thomas Whitaker and are to be sold at his shop ... , 1649.
, 79, 90-203, , 185-404, 369-575,  p.,  leaf of plates : port. ; 29 cm. (fol.)
- Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547.
Great Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1509-1547.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Printed by Edward Griffin II and others. Cf. ESTC.
Signatures: A⁴ pi1 B-R⁴ S-X⁶ Y⁸ Z¹⁰ 2A-2N⁴ 2O-2Y⁶ 2Z-4C⁴ 4D⁶(-4D4).
Title in red and black.
Printed within ruled borders, including side notes.
Wood-cut initials; head- and tail-pieces.
"An analyticall character or dissection of Henry the Eighth" (prelim. p. ) signed J.H.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- This title is part of The Library and Reading of Jonathan Swift: a Partial Replication, a collection given to the University of Pennsylvania Rare Book & Manuscript Library in 2005 in memory of Susan Homans Elias and in honor of the late Heinz J. Vienken.
Imperfect: frontispiece mended at outer margin.
- Penn Provenance:
- Vienken, Heinz J. (honoree)
Elias, Susan Homans (honoree)
Temple, Martha (inscription)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd ed.) H1504
Passmann-Vienken. Swift's Library, II, p. 824
- Griffin, Edward, d. 1652, printer.
Whitaker, Thomas, d. 1650?, bookseller.
Swift's Library and Reading Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|