African American atheists and political liberation : a study of the sociocultural dynamics of faith / Michael Lackey.
- Gainesville : University Press of Florida, c2007.
- The history of African-American religions
172 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- American literature -- African American authors -- History and criticism.
Atheism and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
African Americans in literature.
African Americans -- Religion.
African American authors -- Political and social views.
Wright, Richard, 1908-1960 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Larsen, Nella -- Criticism and interpretation.
Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Frantz Fanon and J. Saunders Redding : the psychological and political necessity of atheism
The humanist/atheist controversy in Richard Wright's The outsider
No means yes : the conversion narrative as rape scene in Nella Larsen's Quicksand
Langston Hughes : the sociocultural structuring of God, desire, and the law
Touchstone narratives: measuring the value of the God concept.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -163) and index.
- 9780813030357 (alk. paper)
0813030358 (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|