Not for sale : the return of the global slave trade-- and how we can fight it / David Batstone.
- Other Title:
- Return of the global slave trade -- and how we can fight it
- 1st ed.
- New York : HarperSanFrancisco, c2007.
301 p. ; 21 cm.
- Human trafficking.
- Human trafficking generates $31 billion annually and enslaves 27 million people around the globe, half of them children under the age of eighteen. Award-winning journalist David Batstone, whom Bono calls "a heroic character," profiles the new generation of abolitionists who are leading the struggle to end this appalling epidemic"--P.  of cover.
- Introduction: finding slavery in my own backyard
Shining light into the sexual darkness: Cambodia and Thailand
Breaking the chains of bonded laborers: South Asia
Rescuing the child soldiers: Uganda
Undermining the sex syndicate: Europe
Sheltering the lost children: Peru
Building a new Underground Railroad: USA
Conclusion: ending the slave trade in our time.
- "Amazing Change Campaign official book"--Cover.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 295-298).
- 0061206717 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|