Split wide open [videorecording] / an Adlabs, BMG-Crescendo, Tropicfilm co-production ; a Dev Benegal picture ; story by Dev Benegal, Upamanyu Chatterjee ; screenplay, Farrukh Dhondy ; producer, Anuradha Parikh ; director, Dev Benegal.
- Special widescreen ed.
- [Bombay] : Tropicfilm, [200-?]
1 videodisc (102 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- India -- Social life and customs -- 20th century -- Drama.
Motion pictures, Indic.
- Feature films.
Social problem films.
- Hindi and English with optional subtitles in English, French and German.
- System Details:
- DVD (PAL, All regions), Dolby stereo, Dolby digital 5.1.
- Provocative Indian film examining sex and sexuality and different types of relationships on the mean streets of Bombay.
"Kut Price, aka KP, sells tank water to the poor and Evian to the rich. Didi, his ten year old adopted sister, sells flowers on the streets waiting for a miracle to save her. Leela, a student, discovers the unspeakable secrets of her wealthy father. And Nandita, an expatriate recently arrived from London, hosts a hugely popular reality-TV show on which people confess the secrets of their sex lives."--Container.
- Rahul Bose, Laila Rouass, Shivaji Satham, Ayesha Dharker.
- Director of photography, Sukumar Jatania; music, Nitin Sawhney; editor, Renu Saluja.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1999.
Aspect ratio 2.35:1.
Plays on an NTSC player.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Benegal, Dev. , Director, Screenwriter
Chatterjee, Upamanyu. , Screenwriter
Parikh, Anuradha. , Producer
Bose, Rahul. , Actor
Rouass, Laila, 1975- , Actor
Satham, Shivaji. , Actor
Dharker, Ayesha, 1977- , Actor
Sawhney, Nitin, 1964- , Composer
Tropicfilm. , Producer, Distributor
Adlabs (Firm) , Producer
BMG Crescendo (Firm) , Producer
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|