Contra viento y marea [videorecording] / Producciones Luis Aguiar S. A. ; Cinamatográfica Jalisco S. A. presentan ; argumento, Ernesto Albán ; productor Valentin Gazcón ; director Zacarias Gómez Urquiza.
- Thousand Oaks, Ca : Studio Latino : Distributed by Ventura Distributions, c2006.
- Clásicas de colección
1 videodisc (ca. 98 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4in.
- Families -- Social life and customs -- Drama.
Mexico City -- Social life and customs -- Drama.
Mexico City -- Drama.
Foreign study -- Drama.
Pacific Ocean -- Drama.
Motion pictures, Mexican.
- Feature films.
- In Spanish.
- System Details:
- On the western coast of Mexico, where the Pacific meets the Gulf of California, Jesus commands a small fleet of shrimp boats. His godfather Gino, an old illiterate Italian who has made a fortune with his packing plant, is happy to see his children, Carlos and Sabina, return from their studies in Europe. His happiness turns to bitterness when they reject him as vulgar and ordinary. At the welcome party, Sabina refuses to dance with Jesus because he is not her social equal. Carlos and Sabina go to Mexico City and spend their father's money at the race track and in frivolities. Gino is so upset he even refuses to eat. His best friend counsels him to go to Mexico City with Jesus in search of his misguided children.
- Luis Aguilar, Ariadne Weltner, Jose Elias Moreno.
- Cinematographer, Ignacio Torres ; editor, Carlos Savage ; music, Gustavo César Carrión.
- Originally released in 1962.
Special features: filmography.
- Gomez Urquiza, Zacarias. , Director
Gazcon, Valentin. , Producer
Albán, Ernesto. , Screenwriter
Aguilar, Luis, 1918-1997 , Actor
Welter, Ariadne. , Actor
Moreno, José Elias. , Actor
Carrión, Gustavo C. , Composer
Producciones Luis Aguiar S. A. , Producer
Cinematographica Jalisco S. A. , Producer
Studio Latino (Firm) , Distributor
Ventura Distribution, Inc. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
27312-7 Studio Latino
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|