Naata [videorecording] = The bond / Unit for Media and Communications, Tata Institute of Social Sciences ; script, editing and directed by Anjali Monteiro and K.P. Jayasankar.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Bond [videorecording]
- Watertown, MA : Documentary Educational Resources, c2005.
1 videodisc (45 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Korde, Bhau.
Dhārāvi (India) -- Social conditions.
Conflict management -- India -- Dhārāvi.
Communalism -- India.
Riots -- India.
Religious pluralism -- India.
- Documentary films.
- In English and Hindi with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Friends and activists, Bhau Korde and Waqar Khan, work with neighborhood peace committees in Dharavi, Mumbai to promote conflict resolution through the collective production and use of visual media. Korde and Khan are both long-time residents of Dharavi, Asia's largest slum, and both first-generation migrants to the city. When the deadly riots of 1992-93 tore the city apart, Korde and Khan were moved to act, working to change both the negative perception of Dharavi and erase religious and ethnic divisions.
- Photographer, K. P. Jayasankar.
- Sequel to Saacha (The loom) released in 2001.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Jayasankar, K. P. , Director, Screenwriter
Monteiro, Anjali. , Director, Screenwriter
Tata Institute of Social Sciences. Unit for Media and Communications. , Producer
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm) , Distributor
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|