Children of men [videorecording] / Universal Pictures ; Strike Entertainment ; Hit & Run Productions ; Quietus Productions, Ltd. ; produced by Marc Abraham, Eric Newman, Hilary Shor, Iain Smith, Tony Smith ; screenplay by Alfonso Cuarón & Timothy J. Sexton and David Arata and Mark Fergus & Hawk Ostby ; directed by Alfonso Cuarón.
- Universal City, Calif. : Universal Pictures, c2007.
1 videodisc (110 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- James, P. D. -- Film adaptations.
Fertility, Human -- Drama.
Birth intervals -- Drama.
Extinction (Biology) -- Drama.
Population -- Drama.
Human rights workers -- England -- London -- Drama.
Pregnant women -- England -- London -- Drama.
London (England) -- Drama.
- Action and adventure films.
Science fiction films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 1; Dolby Digital.
- London, 2027. Humanity has become infertile and no child has been born for 18 years. Science is at loss to explain the reason. Immigration is a crime and refugees are caged like animals. African and East European societies have collapsed and their dwindling populations are migrating toward England and other wealthy nations. Torn apart by nuclear fallout, rampant terrorism and political rebellion. In this climate of nationalistic violence, a London peace activist turned bureaucrat Theo Faron, joins forces with Julian, his revolutionary ex-wife, in order to save mankind by protecting a woman who has mysteriously became pregnant. These three set out on a desperate struggle to deliver the world's only pregnant woman to the Human Project with hope that they can discover the cure for global infertility. As they carefully navigate between the battling forces of military police and a pro-immigration insurgency this small group must endure a death-defying ordeal of urban warfare.
- Clive Owen, Julianne Moore, Michael Caine, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Charlie Hunnam, Claire-Hope Ashitey, Pam Ferris, Danny Huston, Peter Mullan, Jacek Koman, Oana Pellea, Paul Sharma, Michael Klesic.
- Director of photography, Emmanuel Lubezki ; editors, Alfonso Cuarón, Alex Rodríguez ; music, John Tavener.
- Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
Based on the novel by P.D. James.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2006.
Special features: Deleted scenes; featurettes.
Venice Film Festival, 2006: Golden Osella - Outstanding Technical Contribution (Emmanuel Lubezki) ; Laterna Magica Prize (Alfonso Cuarón).
- Abraham, Marc. , Producer
Newman, Eric. , Producer
Shor, Hilary. , Producer
Smith, Iain, 1949- , Producer
Smith, Tony. , Producer
Cuarón, Alfonso. , Screenwriter
Sexton, Timothy J., 1959- , Screenwriter
Arata, David. , Screenwriter
Fergus, Mark. , Screenwriter
Ostby, Hawk. , Screenwriter
Owen, Clive. , Actor
Moore, Julianne. , Actor
Caine, Michael. , Actor
Taverner, John. , Composer
James, P. D. , Author
Universal Pictures (Firm). , Producer, Distributor
Strike Entertainment (Firm) , Producer
Hit and Run Productions. , Producer
Quietus Productions, Ltd. , Producer
- Publisher Number:
61032513 Universal Pictures
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|