William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet [videorecording] / Twentieth Century Fox presents a Bazmark production ; produced by Gabriella Martinelli and Baz Luhrmann ; screenplay by Craig Pearce & Baz Luhrmann ; directed by Baz Luhrmann.
- Other Title:
- Romeo & Juliet
William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet
William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
Romeo and Juliet
- Music ed.
- Beverly Hills, Calif. : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, .
1 videodisc (120 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- English drama (Tragedy).
Romeo (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
Juliet (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
Youth -- Italy -- Verona -- Drama.
Love -- Italy -- Verona -- Drama.
Conflict of generations -- Italy -- Verona -- Drama.
Vendetta -- Italy -- Verona -- Drama.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Film adaptations.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English, French or Spanish languages; subtitled in English or Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, DTS, Dolby Digital surround, dual layer, NTSC.
- Baz Luhrmann's dazzling and unconventional adaptation of William Shakespeare's classic love story is spellbinding. The setting has been moved from its Elizabethan origins to the futuristic backdrop of Verona Beach with these star-crossed lovers.
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Claire Danes, Brian Dennehy, John LeGuizamo, Pete Postlethwaite, Paul Sorvino, Diane Venora.
- Director of photography, Donald M. McAlpine; film editor, Jill Bilcock; music, Nellee Hooper; additional score, Craig Armstrong, Marius De Vries; costume designer, Kym Barrett; production designer, Catherine Martin.
- Based on the play by William Shakespeare.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1996.
Aspect ratio 2.35:1.
Special features: Music machine feature lets the viewer jump to individual songs throughout the film; 3 audio commentaries with director Baz Luhrmann, co-composer Craig Armstrong and co-composer Marius De Vries; "'Romeo + Juliet': the music" exclusive 45-min. documentary; "The London music mix" featurette; "Journey of the songs" featurettes: "Young hearts run free," "Everybody's free," and temp music.
- Luhrmann, Baz. , Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Martinelli, Gabriella. , Producer
Pearce, Craig. , Screenwriter
DiCaprio, Leonardo. , Actor
Danes, Claire, 1979- , Actor
Dennehy, Brian. , Actor
Hooper, Nellee. , Composer
Armstrong, Craig. , Composer
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. , Author
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation. , Producer
Bazmark Films (Firm) , Producer
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc. , Distributor
- Publisher Number: