The Siegfried Line Campaign / by Charles B. MacDonald.
- Other records:
- Washington, D.C. : Office of the Chief of Military History, Dept. of the Army : [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.], 1963.
- United States Army in World War II. European theater of operations.
United States Army in World War II. The European theater of operations
- Government document
xxi, 670 pages : illustrations, maps (some folded, some color 1 in pocket), portraits, charts ; 26 cm.
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations.
United States. Army. European Theater of Operations.
World War (1939-1945)
World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany.
Fortification -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
Weltkrieg -- 1939-1945
- The story of the First and Ninth U.S. Armies from the first crossings of the German border in September 1944 to the enemy₂s counteroffensive in the Ardennes in December, including the reduction of Aachen, Huertgen Forest, and Operation MARKET-GARDEN in Holland.
- Breaching the Siegfried Line
The road to Germany
The First U.S. Army
V Corps hits the West Wall
VII Corps penetrates the Line
Action on the North Wing
An airborne carpet in the North
Invasion from the sky
Decision on the ground
The approaches to Antwerp
The Peel Marshes
The Battle of Aachen
A set attack against the West Wall
Closing the circle
Assault on the city
The Roer River dams
The first attack on Schmidt
The second attack on Schmidt
The Huertgen Forest
The big picture in October
New plans to drive to the Rhine
VII Corps makes the main effort
V Corps joins the offensive
The final fight to break out of the Forest
Battle of the Roer Plain
Clearing the inner wings of the armies
The Roer River offensive
The Geilenkirchen Salient
Ninth Army's final push to the Roer
The approaches to Dueren
Objective: the Roer River dams
The end of the campaign.
- Large 8vo.
Document for sale by the Superintendent of Documents, cloth, $8.75.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Center of Military History.
John Penman Wood Fund.
- Other format:
- Online version: MacDonald, Charles Brown, 1922- Siegfried Line Campaign.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|