A defence of The plain account of the nature and end of the sacrament of the Lord's-Supper, against the objections contained in the remarks on this book : with some observations on the preface to the second edition of those remarks : being two letters originally published in the Independent London Journal : to which is added A tract concerning the sacrament of the Lord's-Supper, by the ever-memorable Mr. John Hales of Eaton.
- London : Printed for W. Wilkins ..., 1735.
, ix, , 58,  p. ; 20 cm. (8vo)
- Hoadly, Benjamin, 1676-1761. Plain account of the nature and end of the sacrament of the Lord's Supper.
Lord's Supper -- Early works to 1800.
- Advertisements -- England -- London -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Published anonymously; sometimes attributed to Benjamin Hoadly, but written by Strickland Gough. Cf. ESTC.
Signatures: A⁴ a² B-H⁴ I².
Errata on leaf a2r.
Advertisements on last printed leaf.
- Local notes:
- Yarnall Library of Theology (Saint Clement's Church, Philadelphia, Pa.) copy; on permanent deposit at the University of Pennsylvania Library.
No. 3 in a volume of works about Hoadly's Plain account of the nature and end of the sacrament of the Lord's Supper bound together with spine title: Tracts on the Eucharist, vol. 2.
- Penn Provenance:
- Yarnall Library of Theology (Saint Clement's Church, Philadelphia, Pa.) (bookplate) (stamp)
Gummey, Henry Riley, Jr. (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC T32271
- Hales, John, 1584-1656.
Wilkins, William, d. 1751, bookseller.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|