Harriet Tubman : imagining a life / Beverly Lowry.
- First Edition
- New York : Doubleday, 2007.
x, , 418,  pages : illustrations, maps, portraits, facsimiles ; 25 cm
- Tubman, Harriet, 1822-1913.
Slaves -- United States -- Biography.
African American women -- Biography.
Antislavery movements -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Araminta. Owasco Lake. Dorchester: birth. Childhood. At Polish Mills: a shower of fire. The weight: at the Bucktown Crossroads. Sold and carried away: the slaveholder's choice
Harriet. Marriage. Over the line. Family. Rescues, promises
Moses. Becoming Moses. Escapes, rescues: the stampede. With John Brown: Dreams, metaphor. Last Rescue
The General. Beaufort, South Carolina. The Proclamation, the Raid. Raining Blood
Araminta Ross Davis, Better known as Harriet Tubman. Auburn, last days. March 13, 1913.
- "Book design by Donna Sinisgalli."
"Maps by Virginia Norey."
"jacket design: Kathleen DiGrado."
Includes bibliographical references (p. -404) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy has cut out figure of Harriet Tubman laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 9780385502917 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|