The history of Tom Jones, a foundling [videorecording] / written and narrated by Henry Fielding ; a BBC TV and BBC Worldwide Americas Inc. and A & E Television Networks co-production ; producer, Suzan Harrison ; screenplay writer, Simon Burke ; director, Metin Hüseyin.
- Other Title:
- Title on container: Henry Fielding's Tom Jones
Tom Jones [videorecording]
- [United States] : A & E Home Video : Distributed by New Video, , c1997.
2 videodiscs (ca. 320 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Fielding, Henry, 1707-1754 -- Film adaptations.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Great Britain -- History -- 18th century -- Drama.
- Historical television programs.
Romance television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby digital stereo.
- Follows the rollicking adventures of Tom Jones as he romps across 18th century England, from bedrooms to rural inns to London's dangerous streets. Cast out from his home and forbidden his true love, Tom must overcome the charms of an older seductress and the sinister plot of a nefarious rival to win his lover's heart.
- Max Beesley, John Sessions, Benjamin Whitrow, Brian Blessed, Frances de la Tour, Samantha Morton.
- Director of photography, Cinders Forshaw ; editors, Paul Tothill, Annie Kocur ; music, Jim Parker ; costume designers, Amanda Keable, Rosalind Ebbutt ; production designer, Roger Cann.
- Based on the novel by Henry Fielding.
DVD features: Henry Fielding biography/bibliography, interactive menus, scene selection.
"This special DVD edition includes the complete, original, 5-hour miniseries on two discs"--Container.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Bernard W. Freeman Book Fund.
- Harrison, Suzan. , Producer
Burke, Simon, 1961- , Screenwriter
Hüseyin, Metin. , Director
Beesley, Max, 1971- , Actor
Sessions, John, 1953- , Actor
Whitrow, Benjamin. , Actor
Morton, Samantha. , Actor
Blessed, Brian. , Actor
De la Tour, Frances, 1944- , Actor
Parker, Jim, 1934- , Composer
Fielding, Henry, 1707-1754. , Author
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service. , Producer
BBC Worldwide Americas, Inc.. , Producer
Arts and Entertainment Network. , Producer
A & E Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
New Video Group. , Distributor
Bernard W. Freeman Book Fund.
- 0767044398 (set)
0767044401 (v. 1)
9780767044400 (v. 1)
076704441X (v. 2)
9780767044417 (v. 2)
- Publisher Number:
- AAE-70425 A & E (set)
AAE-70426 A & E (v.1)
AAE-70427 A & E (v.2)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|