Kurtal [videorecording] : snake spirit / directors, Michelle Mahrer, Nicole Ma ; producer, writer, Nicole Ma ; a Nicole Ma production ; ABC-TV Arts ; Australian Film Commission ... [et al.].
- Other Title:
- Snake spirit
- Watertown, Mass. : Documentary Educational Resources, 
1 videodisc (27 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Aboriginal Australians -- Australia -- Rites and ceremonies.
Aboriginal Australians -- Folklore.
Legends -- Australia.
Snakes -- Religious aspects.
- Documentary films.
- In English and Australian languages with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- "Snake Spirit tells the story of Spider, a sprightly 80 year old Aboriginal elder who travels from Fitzroy Crossing into the Great Sandy Desert of Western Australia to visit a jila - a sacred waterhole. Spider is one of the main custodians responsible for the practices that take place there. For the first time, he is taking his family and community elders back to his birthplace, where he will communicate with their ancestors through Kurtal, the Snake Spirit in an ancient ritual."
- Principal participants: Spider Snell, Tommy May, Tom Lawford, John Mosquito, Dolly Snell, Dorothy Snell, Sylvester Rangi, Maryanne Downs.
- Cinematography, Warwick Thornton, Michelle Mahrer, Cameron McGrath; editor, Stephen Bulfield.
- Videodisc copy of a documentary produced in 2003.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Ma, Nicole. , Director, Producer, Author
Mahrer, Michelle. , Director
Snell, Spider. , Commentator
ABC-TV Arts. , Producer
Australian Film Commission. , Producer
Documentary Educational Resources (Firm) , Distributor
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|