Kagga Kamma, land of the Bushmen [videorecording] ./ [produced by Jake and Mieke DeBoer]
- Other Title:
- Land of the Bushmen [videorecording]
- Derry, N.H. : Chip Taylor Communications, 1999.
- Exploring the world series
South Africa ; 6
1 videodisc (21 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- San (African people)
Indigenous peoples -- Africa, South.
Rock paintings -- Africa, South.
Ostriches -- South Africa.
South Africa -- Description and travel.
- Ethnographic films.
- Spoken English; some spoken Afrikaans.
- System Details:
- The Bushmen of the Kagga Kamma reserve, near Capetown, South Africa are surviving in a land of majestic sandstone formations with a knowledge of their environment that dates back to Stone Age times, taking from nature only what the community needs. Here we have the opportunity to meet several Bushmen families and learn how they co-exist with their ancient ways during modern times. Later, we visit the West Coach Ostrich Ranch to better understand the animal so important to the Bushmen.
- Credits from container. Duration stated on container: 30 min.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- DeBoer, Jake. , Producer
DeBoer, Mieke. , Producer
Chip Taylor Communications. , Producer, Distributor
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|