Medical Committee for Human Rights records, 1963-2004 (bulk 1963-1981).
- Organized into ten series: Administration, 1963-1980 (9 boxes); Papers of Members, 1963-1996 (6 boxes); Financial, 1963-1979 (13 boxes); Program Work, 1962-1994 (15 boxes); Regional, 1963-1981 (9 boxes); Events, 1963-2004 (4 boxes); Publications, 1963-1980 (3.5 boxes); MCHR Publicity, 1963-1984 (1 box); Press Coverage of Health Issues, 1964-1980 (.25 box); Other Organizations, 1962-1977 (3.25 boxes).
- Insurance, Health.
Medical care -- United States.
Health and race -- United States.
Civil rights movements -- United States.
Physicians -- Political activity -- United States.
- Manuscripts, American -- 20th century.
- Records of the Medical Committee for Human Rights (MCHR), including minutes and other administrative records; correspondence and other papers of members; financial records; records of field work and other programs; subsidiary groups; events; publications; and publicity. Arising in conjunction with the civil rights movement, the MCHR was an organization of doctors, nurses, and other health workers dedicated to advancing health among minority groups and equality in the health industry. Working in both southern and northern states, the MCHR also fought for national health insurance, the rights of prisoners, and the end of the Vietnam War.
- Forms part of: U. S. Health Activism History Collection.
- Finding Aid/Index:
- Finding aid available through the World Wide Web.
- Penn Provenance:
- Collected by Walter J. Lear, in part from Desmond Callen, June Finer, Alfred Moldovan, Harvey Post, and Bruce Trigg.
Gift of Walter Lear, 2005.
- Lowinger, Paul, 1923-
Wells, Aaron O.
Young, Quentin, 1923-
Lear, Walter J. (Walter Jay), 1923- collector.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|