The Little Rascals [videorecording] / Hal Roach Studios, Inc. ; Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
- Santa Monica, Calif. : Hallmark Home Entertainment : Distributed by F.H.E. : Distributed by Artisan Home Entertainment, c2003.
1 videodisc (190 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- School children -- Drama.
Our Gang films.
- Short films.
- System Details:
- DVD; 2.0 Dolby surround.
- Teacher's Pet: It's the first day of school and the gang isn't ready for readin', writin' or their new teacher Miss Crabtree. Jackie, Chubby and Farina decide to "welcome" her with gifts of sneezing powder, red ants and a mouse. School's out: Now it's the last day of school and Jackie's developed a big crush on Miss Crabtree. Worried that she'll "go and get married" Jackie's ready to do anything to keep her- like "scaring the pants off" a stranger who comes calling. Readin' and Writin': "Learn that poem learn that poem" is ringing in school-skipping Brisbane's head. Why is his conscience bothering him? Spooky Hooky: The gang is in for some mighty frights when they have to retrieve their "doctored" doctor notes from school in the middle of the night! Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat and Porky must brave thunder, lightning, wind, rain and each other to make the grade. Sprucin' up: The gang hates to clean- and it shows yet, they scrub themselves silly after meeting the new truant officer's daughter. Now supremely spruced, Spanky and Alfalfa attempt to impress with a battle of chin-ups. For Pete's sake: Bully-Boy Leonard has broken Marianne's doll and brother Wally has to find the money for a new one but how? He offers the bully a barter: Pete the Pup! The Kid From Borneo: "Yum-yum, eat 'em up!" is all Spanky's "Uncle George" can say. But it's not his real uncle, it's "Bumbo the Wild Man"! Soon Stymie, Spanky, Wheezer and even Pet the Pup are running for their lives. Dogs is Dogs: Well, well, well, Spud fell in the well, but it's poor Wheezer who's suffering. He's forced to live with a mean old stepmother; his dog Pete is in the pound. The Pooch: Oh no, Pete the Pup is in trouble- he's been caught by the dogcatcher. If Stymie doesn't come up with five bucks fast, he'll be put to sleep! But Stymie can't find food, much less a five. Dog heaven: Pete is despondent and wants to end it all because Joe has a new girlfriend.
- Teacher's pet / directed by Robert F. McGowan (1930)
School's out / directed by Robert F. McGowan (1930)
Readin' and writin' / directed by Robert F. McGowan f (1932)
Spooky hooky / directed by Gordon Douglas (1936)
Sprucin' up / directed by Gus Meins (1935)
For Pete's sake! / directed by Gus Meins (1934)
The kid from Borneo / directed by Robert F. McGowan (1933)
Dogs is dogs / directed by Robert F. McGowan (1931)
The pooch / directed by Robert F. McGowan (1932)
Dog heaven [silent] / directed by Robert F. McGowan (1927). (silent).
- Originally produced 1927-1936 as short motion pictures by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
Full screen format.
Special features: scene selection; interactive menus; "Our gang" bios, including "Where are they now?"; Hal Roach story, "Creating the little rascals characters"; fun facts; photo gallery; pop-up trivia facts; trivia game.
- McGowan, Robert F., 1882-1955. , Director
Meins, Gus, 1895-1940. , Director
Douglas, Gordon, 1909- , Director
Hal Roach Studios. , Producer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Hallmark Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Artisan Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Family Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
- 707729138471 00
13847 Hallmark Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|