Singing in a strange land : a Jewish American poetics / Maeera Y. Shreiber.
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 2007.
- Verbal art
xi, 287 p. ; 24 cm.
- American poetry -- Jewish authors -- History and criticism.
Jews in literature.
Jews -- United States -- Identity.
Group identity in literature.
Literature and history -- United States.
Judaism and literature -- United States.
- "Jewish trouble" and the trouble with poetry
"You still haven't finished with your mother" : the gendered poetics of Charles Reznikoff and Allen Ginsberg
"Speaking about epics" : Zukofsky, Oppen, history, and the "tale of the tribe"
"Where are we moored?" Adrienne Rich, Irena Klepfisz, lament, and its diasporic aftermath
"Unreachable father" : exploring the boundary between poetry and prayer
"Do not be content with an imaginary God" : poetry as a preface to prayer.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -278) and index.
- 9780804734295 (cloth : acid-free paper)
0804734291 (cloth : acid-free paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|