African American Christian worship / Melva Wilson Costen.
- 2nd ed.
- Nashville, TN : Abingdon Press, c2007.
xi, 144 p. ; 23 cm.
- African American public worship.
- Preface: A call to worship
A theology of African American worship
The African religious heritage
Worship in the invisible institution
Praise house worship
Rituals, sacraments, and ordinances
Origins and practices of African American denominations and congregations
How music, preaching, and prayer shape contemporary African American worship
Worship as empowerment.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 129-138) and index.
- 9780687646227 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0687646227 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|