The ascent of man. Disc four [videorecording] / a BBC Television Time-Life Films co-production ; produced by Adrian Malone ; directed by Mike Jackson.
- New York, NY : Ambrose Video, c2006.
1 videodisc (156 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Science -- Philosophy.
Science -- History.
Physics -- History.
Science -- Social aspects.
- Television series.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; region 1; digitally remastered
- A television series surveying the development of science. Volume 9: Journey from the valleys and waterfalls of Wales to the jungles of the Amazon to explore the controversy swirling around a startling new theory of evolution developed simultaneously by Alfred Wallace and Charles Darwin. Vol. 10: Commencing with a visit to an ancient Polish salt mine, Dr. Bronowski looks at the world inside the atom, tracing the history of ideas that have made 20th century physics "the greatest achievement of the human imagination." Vol 11: Dr. Bronowski offers his personal view of the moral dilemma that confronts today's scientist, contrasting humanist traditions with the inhumanities of the Nazis, the harnessing of nuclear energy with the development of the atomic bomb.
- Vol. 9. Ladder of creation (52 min.)
vol. 10. World within world (52 min.)
vol. 11. Knowledge or certainty (52 min.).
- Writer/narrator, Jacob Bronowski.
- Videodisc release of the 1974 television series.
- Jackson, Mike. , Director
Malone, Adrian. , Producer
Bronowski, Jacob, 1908-1974 , Screenwriter, Narrator
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service. , Producer
Time-Life Films. , Producer
Ambrose Video Publishing. , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|