Drawing on the right side of the brain : a course in enhancing creativity and artistic confidence / Betty Edwards ; [instructional drawings, Betty Edwards, cover drawing, John Boomer].
- Los Angeles : J.P. Tarcher ; New York : Distributed by St. Martin's Press, ©1979.
vii, 207 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Drawing -- Technique.
- Medical subjects:
- Drawing and the art of bicycle riding
Expressing yourself in drawing: the nonverbal language of art
Your brain: the right and left of it
Crossing over: experiencing the shift from left to right
Drawing on memories: your history as an artist
Getting around your symbol system: meeting edges and contours
Perceiving the shape of a space: the positive aspects of negative space
Branching out in all directions: perspective in a new mode
Fitting it all together: the place of proportion
Facing forward: portrait drawing with ease
Moving into the third dimension: seeing light, drawing shade
The zen of drawing: drawing out the artist within
Postscript: Teachers and parents
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 203-205) and index.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Gift: G.C. Winkler, 1992.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Edwards, Betty, 1926- Drawing on the right side of the brain.
Online version: Edwards, Betty, 1926- Drawing on the right side of the brain.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|