Courting failure : women and the law in twentieth-century literature / Heidi Slettedahl Macpherson.
- 1st ed.
- Akron, Ohio : University of Akron Press, 2007.
- Series on law, politics, and society
x, 294 p. ; 23 cm.
- American literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
Law in literature.
Women in literature.
Courts in literature.
Canadian literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
English literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
Women -- Legal status, laws, etc.
Legal films (Drama) -- History and criticism.
Legal television programs (Drama) -- History and criticism.
Feminist literary criticism.
- Introduction : literature, law, and desire
Prison, passion, and the female gaze
Pursuit of property : neoslave narratives and the law
"Mother knows best" : women, children, and the law
Staging the scene : women, drama, and the law
Spectacular expectations : women, film, and the law
Conclusion : courting success.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 239-285) and index.
- 9781931968478 (alk. paper)
1931968470 (alk. paper)
9781931968485 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1931968489 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|