Lonely hearts [videorecording] / Millennium Films presents and Equity Pictures Medienfonds GmbH & Co. KG III production, a film by Todd Robinson ; produced by Holly Wiersma and Boaz Davidson ; written and directed by Todd Robinson.
- Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 2007.
1 videodisc (ca. 108 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Beck, Martha Jule Seabrook, d. 1951.
Fernandez, Raymond Martinez, 1914-1951.
Serial murderers -- United States -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- English or dubbed French dialogue with optional English or French subtitles; closed-captioned.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1, anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1) presentation; Dolby Digital.
- Based on a true story. In the late 1940's, Martha Beck and Raymond Fernandez became known as the notorious "Lonely Hearts Killers". They would swindle and then viciously murder war widows who would answer their personal ads. Ray would describe himself as a sexy Latin Lover. Martha was Ray's initial mark. But when they met, it was love at first sight. With Martha posing as Ray's sister, they bilked elderly spinsters and widows of their savings and then viciously murdered them in a bloodbath of sexual frenzy. When they were arrested, Martha and Ray confessed to 12 killings, although it is believed the actual number is closer to 20. At their sensational trial, Martha and Ray appeared as though they could not get enough of each other. Their plea of not guilty by reason of insanity was rejected, and on August 22, 1949, the homicidal lovers were sentenced to death. After numerous appeals, they were electrocuted on March 8, 1951, side-by-side in Sing Sing prison.
- John Travolta, James Gandolfini, Jared Leto, Salma Hayek, Scott Caan, Alice Krige, Laura Dern.
- Director of photography, Peter Levy ; edited by, Kathryn Himoff ; music by, Mychael Danna ; costume designer, Jacqueline West ; production designer, Jon Gary Steele.
- Orginally produced as a motion picture in 2006.
Special features: Making-of featurette.
- Robinson, Todd. , Screenwriter, Director
Davidson, Boaz, 1943- , Producer
Wiersma, Holly. , Producer
Travolta, John, 1954- , Actor
Gandolfini, James. , Actor
Leto, Jared, 1971- , Actor
Hayek, Salma, 1968- , Actor
Caan, Scott, 1976- , Actor
Krige, Alice, 1954- , Actor
Dern, Laura. , Actor
Danna, Mychael. , Composer
Millennium Films. , Producer
Equity Pictures Medienfonds GmbH & Co. KG III. , Producer
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
18306 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|