The causes of the present distractions in America explained: : in two letters to a merchant in London. / By F--. B--.
- [New York?] : Printed [by James Rivington?], in the year 1774.
, 16 p. ; 20 cm. (8vo)
- United States -- Politics and government -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Causes
Great Britain -- Colonies -- America
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York New York.
- Advertised as ''just published'' in Rivington's New York gazette, Nov. 17, 1774, where it is suggested that the author might be either Sir Francis Bernard or Benjamin Franklin. Although it has commonly been attributed to Bernard, it is attributed to Franklin in Crane, Verner W. ''Certain writings of Benjamin Franklin ...'' Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America 28 (1934): 13-15.
Signatures: [A]² B-C⁴.
- Local notes:
- Imperfect: p. - (half-title) wanting.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Evans 13147
Adams, T.R. Amer. pamphlets 115
- Bernard, Francis, Sir, 1712-1779.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|