Retooling for growth : building a 21st century economy in America's older industrial areas / Richard M. McGahey and Jennifer S. Vey, editors.
- Washington, D.C : Brookings Institution Press, c2008.
xv, 437 p. ; 23 cm.
- Industrial policy -- United States.
Entrepreneurship -- United States.
United States -- Economic conditions -- 2001- -- Regional disparities.
- "Offers achievable strategies for revitalizing industrial areas and building upon the potential of overlooked resources of economic, physical, and cultural significance. Addresses such challenges as fostering entrepreneurship, reducing poverty and inequality, and augmenting the number of skilled professionals. Provides analysis of healthy economic development practices for public and private sectors"--Provided by publisher.
- "Published in association with The American Assembly, Columbia University."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- McGahey, Richard.
Vey, Jennifer S.
John G. Hartman Memorial Library Fund.
- 9780815755562 (cloth : alk. paper)
0815755562 (cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|