The novels of Theodore Dreiser : a critical study / by Donald Pizer.
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, [c1976]. (New Berlin, Wisconsin : Printed in the United States of America at NAPCO Graphic Arts, Inc.)
ix, , 382,  p. ; 24 cm.
- Dreiser, Theodore, 1871-1945 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Minnesota Minneapolis.
United States Wisconsin New Berlin.
- With half-title.
"Copyright 1976 by the University of Minnesota."
"This book is primarily about Dreiser's eight published novels. Dreiser's life, times, and ideas and his work in other forms enter my discussion when these matters contribute to the understanding of the origin and nature of a particular novel but are otherwise not fully examined ... My book has two major aims - to establish the facts of the sources and composition of each of Dreiser's novels and to study the themes and form of the completed work."--Preface.
Black cloth spine lettered in grey; grey boards. Brown endpapers.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has dust-jacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has ms. note "Cleveland, Ohio Friday, June 19, 1992 J. C[...]" on half-title.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Pizer, D. Dreiser, 1976:28
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|