The preceptor: containing a general course of education. Wherein the first principles of polite learning are laid down in a way most suitable for trying the genius, and advancing the instruction of youth. In twelve parts. Illustrated with maps and useful cuts.
- Other records:
- 6th ed., with additions, and improvements.
- London, J. Dodsley, 1775.
2 v. fronts., fold plates, fold. maps, fold. diagrs. 21 cm.
- Education -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Dedication signed: R. Dodsley.
A collection of miscellaneous writings on reading, writing letters, arithmetic, history, ethics, etc., to which Dr. Johnson furnished the preface. cf. Dict. of nat. biog.
- Penn Chronology:
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|